Safety Tips and Things to Remember:
- Protect yourself! Please follow the safety tips on the information sheet in your cleanup kit.
- Please stay off private property.
- Please avoid potential dangers such as railway tracks, rivers, river banks and road ways.
- Please do not pick up dangerous objects such as broken glass, needles, sharp objects or dead animals. If you come across any of these items please leave them where you found them and inform the Rotarian at the staging area. Try to include location so we can go back and do a safe collection of the hazardous objects.
- If an item is too large to move to the garbage can, please leave it where it is and document its location and inform the Rotarian at the staging area you are dropping off waste at
- All children participating under the age of 12 should be supervised by an adult.
Tips for cleaning during COVID-19:
- Ensure you wear vinyl or nitrile gloves while picking up waste
- Avoid touching your face at all times
- When you are finished cleaning, dispose of your gloves in the black garbage bag provided and immediately wash or sanitize your hands. It would be a good idea to bring hand sanitizer with you and then wash your hands when you return home.
- Please follow any COVID-19 safety guidelines set out by the Province of Ontario or Niagara Region Public Health.